I can’t take credit for what I’m about to share with you. I just finished reading the 360 degree leaders by John Maxwell, and I wanted to share with you some great material that could benefit you. While Champions is growing every day, my main job is to work with the school owners on Leadership Development.
For any leaders out there that need some great material for their weekly Monday Staff Meeting here you go:
The 7 Myths of Leading from the Middle of An Organization
1. The Position Myth-“I can’t lead, if I’m not at the top.” Educate your staff that they can be leader now. It will help the company.
2. The Destination Myth-“When I get to the top, then I’ll learn how to Lead.”
3. The Influence Myth-“If I were on the top, then people would follow me.”
4. The Inexperience Myth-“When I get to the Top, then people would follow me.”
5. The Freedom Myth-“When I get to the top, I’ll no longer be limited.”
6. The Potential Myth-I can’t reach my potential if I’m not the top leader.”
7. The All or nothing Myth: “If I can’t get to the top, then I won’t try to lead.”
One thing as a 360 degree leader is responsible for is to make sure all members of the team receiveleadership training. If you spend $5 on a staff member on leadership development is has been proved that you will get back $10.
Hope this helps,