I was talking to a woman who told me that one in every four women in America will be sexually assaulted in her lifetime. When I heard this I didn’t believe it. Can you believe it? It’s true, I did the research. In Australia, 19% of women aged 18 to 24 experienced and act of violence in the last year!
These stats are insane!
Here is 10 ways to prevent them form happening to you!
1. Do not wear revealing clothing. It does nothing but draw attention.
2. Be paranoid. If you think someone is following you, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Drive right to the police station.
3. Never hitch hike or pick up a hitch hiker!
4. Drive in a courteous manner. Don’t look at anyone, don’t argue with anyone or give any type of gesture if annoyed or bothered by another driver. This can cause them to follow you.
5. Give your self an even chance in case you are attacked. Don’t take any drugs, drink excessive amounts of alcohol. It’s hard enough to defend yourself when you’re sober.
6. After shopping, don’t sit in the car and balance your check book or talk on your cell phone. The predator will be watching you, as soon as you get in the car, lock the doors and leave!
7. Make sure your mail is addressed by just your first initial. Never allow mail to be addressed to you with salutation like MISS, MRS, or MS. Why allow one extra shred of information.
8. Do not flirt. This can be taken the wrong way.
9. Continually take a self defense course.
10. Be aware of your surroundings. To often women are preoccupied, and are not observing their surroundings.
Do me a favor and don’t just read this.
Write down the 10 tips and pass it on to everyone you know.
Email it to all your contacts and ask them to do the same. Our goal is to make everyone more aware and if everyone works together a difference can be made!
This entry was posted on Monday, August 6th, 2007 at 1:06 pm and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. Edit this entry.